Earlier this year Council asked businesses and residents to share their vision for the Redcliffe Peninsula’s foreshore areas including suburbs like Margate. Community feedback outlined a strong desire for more activation in public spaces in order to:
- Allow for night-time entertainment;
- Encourage pop-up activations; and
- Create an inviting sense of place to enhance customer visitation.
Moreton Bay Regional Council is seeking community input and ideas to help bring these desires to life in Margate.
The proposed civic park project will aim to revitalise the Margate business precinct and provide a space where residents and visitors can relax, catch up with friends, grab a bite to eat, shop and enjoy activities like pop-up events and live entertainment.
Share your ideas and feedback during community consultation which will run from 15 July to 5 August 2017.
Chat to Council staff at one of our on-site Open Days:
- Saturday 15 July (9.00am - 3.00pm)
- Monday 17 July (8.30am - 4.00pm)
- Tuesday 18 July (8.30am - 4.00pm)
- Wednesday 19 July (8.30 - 4.00pm)
Located at Baynes Street roundabout.
Have your say
Completing the online survey (available from 15 July to 5 August 2017)
For further information or to set up an appointment: