Rates refund or transfer

Applying for a refund of credit balance on rates account

Where the rates account is currently in credit, you may request a refund of the credit amount by completing the Refund of rates application and provide proof of payment required.

Apply for refund

Transfer of payments from incorrect accounts and payment discrepancies

Council will investigate requests from property owners who have paid monies to incorrect rates accounts and discrepancies of payment amounts such as:

  • customer owns two properties and pays one property twice and the other not at all
  • customer owns a property in the region and has incorrectly paid their old property’s rate account
  • discrepancies between the customer’s payment amount and the amount shown on their account
  • customer has made a payment to an incorrect reference number

Apply for transfer