Pensioner rebates on rate notice
Two rate rebates are offered to eligible pensioners:
State Government subsidy
The pensioner must be the owner or life tenant of a deceased estate (either solely or jointly) of the property, the property must be their principal place of residence and the pensioner must hold one of the following cards:
- blue Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink
- blue Pensioner Concession Card issued by Veterans' Affairs
- Repatriation Health Card - for all conditions/TPI - (Gold card) issued by Veterans' Affairs
Eligible applicants will receive a pensioner rebate subsidy of 20% off council’s gross rates and charges up to a maximum of $200.00 per annum ($50.00 per quarter) and 20% off the Emergency Management levy.
Council Pensioner concession
- Gold card holders are automatically eligible for this concession as well.
- other pensioners must meet the above conditions, plus be entitled to the maximum rate of pension / full pension.
The pensioner rate concession per property is 50% off the gross rates and charges up to a maximum of $250 per annum ($62.50 per quarter). This is in addition to the State Government subsidy.
Eligibility can only be assessed by completing the Pension concession application.
This will only be used to respond to your feedback, if necessary.