The pedestrian safety upgrade project is located on Sutton Street adjacent to the Bluewater Square carpark. The aim of the project is to improve pedestrian safety, slow traffic speeds and improve the streetscape amenity to a consistent standard along the length of Sutton Street.
The project is expected to include:
- a new Zebra Crossing with landscaped build outs
- closure of one of the car park access points
- improvements to the pedestrian environment
- Loss of five off-street parking spaces to improve vehicle circulation within the carpark
- Loss of three on-street parking spaces to accommodate the new pedestrian crossing.