Moreton Bay Regional Council is undertaking construction works at the South Pine Sporting Complex, Brendale. The project is designed to provide the complex with the infrastructure to host club, regional, state and international level tournaments for a wide variety of groups.
Works are scheduled to commence in February 2020 and is expected to be completed in twelve months, weather permitting.
The project will include:
Extension of the existing indoor sports centre, including:
- three multi-purpose indoor sports courts
- canteen and spectator areas
- offices, multipurpose function room/event space with supporting servery facilities
- retractable grandstand seating, storage areas, universal change rooms, officials' rooms, compliance and first aid rooms and spectator amenities
Construction of a new Rugby Union Clubhouse, including:
- universal change rooms and officials' rooms
- first-aid room, storerooms, merchandise room
- gym space, spectator amenities and canteen
- separate club meeting rooms for the rugby union and touch football clubs