Council has completed construction works at the South Pine Sporting Complex, Brendale, designed to provide the complex with the infrastructure to host club, regional, state and international level tournaments for a wide variety of groups.
The project included:
Extension of the existing indoor sports centre, including:
- three multi-purpose indoor sports courts
- canteen and spectator areas
- offices, multipurpose function room/event space with supporting servery facilities
- retractable grandstand seating, storage areas, universal change rooms, officials' rooms, compliance and first aid rooms and spectator amenities
Construction of a new Rugby Union Clubhouse, including:
- universal change rooms and officials' rooms
- first-aid room, storerooms, merchandise room
- gym space, spectator amenities and canteen
- separate club meeting rooms for the rugby union and touch football clubs.