The Moreton Bay Regional Council has commenced the planning and feasibility study for the proposed O’Mara Road pedestrian and cycle bridge and shared pathway.
The objective of the project is to provide a high quality active transport connection linking Yarle Court to the north and Cottontree Drive to the south. Once completed, the bridge and pathway will fill a missing link within the O’Mara Road corridor pathway, provide a safer crossing of New Settlement Road and support the continuation of the O’Mara Road fauna movement corridor.
The pathway connection will also include:
- lighting to improve pedestrian safety
- landscaping and tree planting
- fauna movement infrastructure to allow animals to cross New Settlement Road more safely
- fencing and anti-throw barriers
- design features to ensure an attractive facility which adds value to the area.