Council has been carrying out road works to improve traffic flow and safety at the intersection of South Pine Road and Plucks Road, Arana Hills.
Work is currently expected to be completed by the end of June 2023.
This project is a joint initiative of the Australian Government (Local Roads Community Infrastructure Program) and Moreton Bay Regional Council.
The upgrade works include:
- realigning parts of South Pine Road and Plucks Road
- adjusting road levels, including associated retaining and drainage
- installing new traffic signals
- rehabilitating the pavement, including adding an antiskid treatment
- relocating power poles and street lighting
- other related landscaping.
Most of the work will be done during the day, from 9am to 3pm, Monday to Friday.
Some nightworks are required to complete specific activities in the safest, and most time and cost-effective way.
Nightworks may occur from 6pm to 6am, Sunday to Thursday for up to 15 nights each month until the project is completed.
Potential construction impacts
During the works, road users and residents may experience:
- changed traffic conditions with temporary lane closures and detours
- construction noise and dust
- construction lights during nightworks.
Nightworks will require lanes of South Pine Road and Plucks Road to be closed.
Properties next to the works area may have their driveway access affected for short durations.
We will continue to liaise directly with affected residents to facilitate property access and other requirements during the works. We also ask residents living next to the works to park their cars off the road.
Please observe traffic controller and work crew instructions, follow safety signage and plan your travel to reduce disruptions. Thank you for your patience during these essential works.