The proposed Ashbrook Drive to Lakeview Drive project is expected to be delivered in two stages:
- in 2019/20, with the relocation of utilities and services
- beginning in 2020/21, the road construction to provide four (4) travel lanes, cycle lanes, turning lanes and indented bus bays for future bus services.
The upgrade aims to improve road safety, cater for growing and future traffic demand and improve conditions for walking and cycling and public transport services. Council’s complete streets and green infrastructure principles will apply, aiming to improve:
- landscaping and street design
- pathways and pedestrian connections
- tree and vegetation management.