Council has awarded a $700,000 contract to carry out road safety improvements on two sections of Mount Nebo Road. This includes a road curve upgrade near Jolly’s Lookout and improvements to Mount Nebo Road near Darcy Kelly Road intersection.
The project will include:
- Curve widening
- Improving superelevation
- Enhancing delineation and signage
- Installing crash barriers (Darcy Kelly section only)
- The road curve upgrade near Jolly’s Lookout reached practical completion mid July.
- The road curve upgrade near Darcy Kelly Road reached practical completion on 3 October 2019.
- No further project works are expected at these locations.