In May 2018, Moreton Bay Regional Council commenced a $7.8 million upgrade of the Morayfield Sport and Events Centre (MSEC). Works are expected to be complete mid-2019, weather permitting, with the MSEC facilities expected to remain open during the upgrade.
Expansion to the facility will help attract major sporting events and trade shows to the popular indoor hub. Works including doubling the size of MSEC to 7000 square metres to provide:
- two additional multi-purpose indoor sport courts
- a new events space for conferences and trade shows
- retractable seating for over 1000 spectators
- a commercial-grade kitchen
- new changerooms and amenities.