The streetscape improvement project will help to establish an attractive and functional streetscape that improves pedestrian safety, revitalises existing pathways, increases existing landscape amenity and incorporates public artwork and wayfinding signage.
The Landsborough Avenue streetscape upgrade project will include the following improvements:
- removal of the existing median palm trees and concrete planters
- upgraded pedestrian zebra crossing including DDA compliant lighting
- creation of new landscaped central median with pedestrian cut throughs
- removal of existing clay pavers and installation of new coloured or exposed aggregate concrete
- local road threshold treatments
- new landscaping of native coastal vegetation
- installation of new Wayfinding Signage
- upgrade of existing drainage infrastructure where applicable
- road rehabilitation and resurfacing works as part of this project
- 60-degree reverse in parking, (subject to further investigation).