This active transport project is located adjacent to Halpine Lake, between Mango Hill train station and Jasper Place.
The aim of the project is a shared pathway and bridge connection is to shorten the commuter link to Mango Hill Station and provide greater recreational use of the park around the lake for cyclists and pedestrians. Once completed, this pathway connection will complete the missing link surrounding Halpine Lake Reserve.
The pathway connection will also include
- Lighting along the length of the pathway
- Landscaping and tree planting
- Seating nodes along the length of the pathway
- Handrails along defined sections
- A maintenance vehicle turnaround