Council has completed preliminary design of its planned upgrade of the intersection of Gordon Road and Ferny Way, Ferny Hills.
The upgrade aims to improve road safety and reduce traffic delays and congestion caused by the existing and increasing and future traffic demand. Specifically, the following is proposed:
- traffic signals at Gordon Road and Ferny Way intersection, including pedestrian signals
- a separated right-turn lane on Ferny Way for access into Gordon Road
- separation of right and left-turning vehicles from Gordon Road into Ferny Way, including dual right-turn lanes
- improved delineation/separation of traffic approaching from Samford Road and a zebra crossing on the left-slip lane
- new and wider off-road paths and bicycle facilities.