The Moreton Bay Regional Council is currently developing plans for two transport improvement projects within the Centenary Lakes and Elliott Street areas of Caboolture. These projects will maximise the opportunities for residents to access the nearby Caboolture Town Centre via walking and cycling, as well as improve the existing surface of Elliott Street.
Centenary Lakes Shared Pathway:
- Construction of a 2.5m to 3.0m wide shared pathway, connecting between the Riverview St pedestrian bridge to the corner of Elliott Street and Morayfield Road.
- Lighting upgrades, including the installation of new lights along currently unlit sections.
- Landscaping and shade tree planting.
- Raised priority crossings of the Centenary Lakes access road and carpark entries.
- Carparking reconfiguration to allow for the construction of the pathway. There will be no net reduction in parking availability.
- Retention of existing sections of wide pathway, including the section adjacent to the sports fields.
Elliott Street Road Rehabilitation:
- Road surface reconstruction from the intersections of Morayfield Road to Riverview Street.
- Installation of footpaths along the southern verge where there are currently missing links.
- Installation of a new raised priority crossing (zebra crossing) adjacent to the park entry near Morayfield Road.
- Construction of an improved turn-around facility to allow better and safer access to the shops for vehicles using Elliott Street.
- Verge widening as required to allow sufficient room for the footpath.
- Some driveway reconstruction, street tree removal and drainage upgrades (as required).
- Investigation into treatments to make the existing retaining walls safe (to be determined).
Detailed design is currently scheduled to begin in the 2020/2021 financial year. The timing of the construction of the project will be provided closer to the date.