In 2016, the section of Brays Road between Anzac Avenue and Moreton Street, Murrumba Downs was upgraded as part of the Moreton Bay Rail Link project.
Council is now extending this upgrade from Moreton Street to Twin Lakes Drive and along McClintock Drive to Black Duck Creek.
Proposed improvements include:
- Brays Road to be widened to four traffic lanes to McClintock Drive
- McClintock Drive to be upgraded to two lanes approaching Brays Road
- three new sets of synchronised traffic lights at the intersections with Moreton Street, Normanby Road and McClintock Drive
- each new set of traffic lights to include pedestrian crossing facilities
- new on-road bicycle lane facilities along Brays Road and McClintock Drive
- a new roundabout at the intersection of Brays Road and Twin Lakes Drive
- existing vegetation to be retained as much as possible and additional landscaping installed.
Detailed design has been completed and a principal contractor appointed at the Council Meeting on 19 August 2020.
Construction works are scheduled to commence Monday 12 October 2020 with an expected duration of 40 weeks weather permitting.
Gas and Energex relocations have been completed ahead of the road construction works commencing.
Telstra, NBN and Unitywater relocations are scheduled to occur during and as part of the road construction works.