In 2016, the section of Brays Road between Anzac Avenue and Moreton Street, Murrumba Downs was upgraded as part of the Moreton Bay Rail Link project.
Council is now extending this upgrade from Moreton Street to Twin Lakes Drive and along McClintock Drive to Black Duck Creek.
Proposed improvements include:
- Brays Road to be widened to four traffic lanes to McClintock Drive
- McClintock Drive to be upgraded to two lanes approaching Brays Road
- three new sets of synchronised traffic lights at the intersections with Moreton Street, Normanby Road and McClintock Drive
- each new set of traffic lights to include pedestrian crossing facilities
- new on-road bicycle lane facilities along Brays Road and McClintock Drive
- a new roundabout at the intersection of Brays Road and Twin Lakes Drive
- existing vegetation to be retained as much as possible and additional landscaping installed.
Investigations have been completed and detailed design is being finalised.
Gas main relocations commenced late June and are expected to be completed by late August 2019. These works are being constructed at night and over the school holidays to minimise traffic disruptions during the day. Some inconvenience and lane closures can be expected until completion of the relocation works.
Additional service relocations including Energex poles may occur later this year, subject to Energex work schedules. Further information will be provided before commencement.
The major road construction works are currently scheduled to commence in the second quarter of the 2020/21 financial year. The duration of these works and actual start date will be subject to the tender process and the successful contractor’s program.