In 2016, the section of Brays Road between Anzac Avenue and Moreton Street, Murrumba Downs was upgraded as part of the Moreton Bay Rail Link project.
Council is now extending this upgrade from Moreton Street to Twin Lakes Drive and along McClintock Drive to Black Duck Creek.
Proposed improvements include:
- Brays Road to be widened to four traffic lanes to McClintock Drive
- McClintock Drive to be upgraded to two lanes approaching Brays Road
- three new sets of synchronised traffic lights at the intersections with Moreton Street, Normanby Road and McClintock Drive
- each new set of traffic lights to include pedestrian crossing facilities
- new on-road bicycle lane facilities along Brays Road and McClintock Drive
- a new roundabout at the intersection of Brays Road and Twin Lakes Drive
- existing vegetation to be retained as much as possible and additional landscaping installed.
Detailed design is being finalised in preparation for tender in July 2020.
Service authority relocations including Gas & Energex have now been completed.
Tenders for the road construction package are expected to be called in the first quarter of the 2020/21 financial year.
Construction works are expected to commence in the second quarter of the 2020/21 financial year. The duration of these works and actual start date will be subject to the tender process and the successful contractor’s construction program.