Vehicle access to Council land

Driving a vehicle onto Council land is not permitted without prior approval.  Approval will only be granted where the access is required for approved purposes, for example commercial fishing activities and where the access will not cause damage to parks or public assets.

Permits for the general public to drive on the beach are issued by Queensland Parks and Wildlife.

Commercial fisher access to beaches at Red Beach and Skirmish Point on Bribie Island, and Suttons Beach at Redcliffe requires an approval under Local Law No. 1 (Administration) 2011.  Customers requesting access should lodge the Access a local government controlled area - commercial fisher motor vehicle beach access application(PDF, 678KB) and pay the relevant fee.

If you require approval to drive a vehicle on the Redcliffe jetty, lodge the Redcliffe jetty vehicle permit application(PDF, 687KB) and pay the relevant fee.

If you require temporary access to your property via a park or other Council land, contact Council.