Don Perrin Environmental Bursary
$2000 study grant available for environmental studies in 2020
Applications for the 2020 Don Perrin Environmental Bursary are now open.
Don Perrin was instrumental in establishing the Redcliffe Botanic Gardens and continued to be involved in the gardens for more than 30 years.
About the study grant
Moreton Bay Regional Council offers the $2,000 study grant to assist a resident of our region with their tertiary education expenses during their first year of an environmental-based university degree.
Funding round - when can I apply?
14 October 2019
|20 March 2020
The successful applicant will:
- reside in the Moreton Bay Regional Council area
- have graduated from year 12 within the last two (2) years
- have accepted an offer to study an environmental-based university degree commencing in 2020
You must address the following selection criteria and provide the requested documentation:
- Academic merit - provide evidence of your academic results, which may include school reports, prizes and / or awards
- Assessment questions - completion of all assessment questions, answers are to be clear and concise, with correct spelling and grammar
- A minimum of one (1) written reference - can be from a representative of the applicant’s school or a community group the applicant is involved with
- A copy of your offer of a university placement for 2020 and of your acceptance into the course.
The following will be regarded favourably when assessing applicants:
- Enthusiasm for undertaking environmental protection and study,
- An active role in the community,
- Above average school results and achievements,
- A clear statement of realistic and obtainable career goals that will benefit the applicant and the environment, and
- Use of correct spelling and grammar.
Terms and conditions
- The bursary is provided for educational purposes only, which may include course fees, textbooks, course materials, college accommodation or similar.
- The duration of the bursary is for one (1) year only.
- A one-off payment of $2,000 will be provided to the successful applicant.
- The successful applicant will be required to attend a community environmental activity in the Moreton Bay Region in 2020.
- Applications from applicants that do not meet the eligibility criteria will not be considered. Council retains sole discretion to make decisions in relation to the bursary.
We may contact you to clarify your feedback. If you require a response lodge a request