Update - Development Services Department - 25 March 2020
Development Assessment Functions
Due to State and Federal Government health and social distancing measures aimed at slowing the spread of COVID-19, the Department is now operating extensively on a remote basis using MBRC IT systems.
We remain committed to continuing to meet the needs of our customers, although some amended processes apply and Council's Customer Service Centres are closed to the public until further notice.
- Limited pre-lodgement advice will be provided via (in order of preference):
- Skype meetings
- Online lodgement of applications will still be available and is the preferred method of lodgement
- Preferred lodgement for hard copy survey plans and other legal documents is via mail
- Assessments of applications will be conducted by MBRC staff with meetings conducted by Skype, including meetings on major developments under the Development Partnership Program
- Inspections of works will be still be conducted by MBRC staff
- Inspections of complaints will still be conducted by MBRC staff
- Preferred collection of endorsed hard copy survey plans and other legal documents is via mail (or via prior arrangement with Council).
Development Assessment Structure
To minimise impacts on Moreton Bay, we will focus on the outcomes of complex developments and reducing timeframes for low risk developments.
Development Services has been arranged into seven teams to be led by the existing Team Leaders:
- Planning Assessment (South) Team (Marco Alberti - 5433 2424) and Engineering Assessment (South) Team (David Close - 3883 5706) will focus on applications with moderate to high complexity (incl. associated audit and plan sealing) in the areas including Strathpine, Redcliffe, Samford, Dayboro, Petrie, Dakabin, and Deception Bay.
- Planning Assessment (North) Team (Amy White - 5433 2423) and Engineering Assessment (North) Team (Paul McKay - 5433 2639) will focus on applications with moderate to high complexity (incl. associated audit and plan sealing) in the areas including Caboolture, Morayfield, Narangba, Burpengary, and Bribie Island
- Integrated Assessment (Caboolture West) Team (Greg Potter - 5433 2551) will focus on Material Change of Use/Reconfiguring a Lot and Operational Works applications within the Caboolture West local area
- Streamlined Assessment Team (Tina Maltby-Wells - 5433 2915) will focus on applications with low complexity across Moreton Bay. Applications with low complexity is yet to be finalised but is likely to include:
- Material Change of Use/ Reconfiguring a Lot requiring code assessment involving:
- subdivision resulting in not more than 5 lots
- multiple dwelling or accommodation building with not more than 5 units
- industrial, retail or commercial use with not more than 500m2 of gross floor area.
- Operational Works for pontoons and electrical works
- Specialist Assessment Team (Carly Quin - 5433 2481) will focus on vegetation, landscaping and food applications across Moreton Bay plus business improvement across Development Services.
Recent changes to the Planning Act 2016 give the Minister certain new powers to extend and/or suspend statutory timeframes. Regardless of any declaration that may be made by the Minister in relation to the extension or suspension of statutory timeframes in response to the COVID-19 ‘applicable event’, we will be endeavouring to continue to meet our statutory timeframes. Should circumstance change, further advice will be provided at that time.
We may contact you to clarify your feedback. If you require a response lodge a request