Residential driveway crossover

Notification or application to Council is required for the construction of, or alteration to a driveway crossover from the property boundary to the edge of the road pavement where the property is on a Council controlled road.

Property owners are responsible for the construction, maintenance, alteration and repair of driveway crossovers.  Their responsibility includes where the driveway crosses the kerb, constructed footpath, water course, drain or drainage easement.

Refer to A guide to driveway crossover(PDF, 759KB) fact sheet for a list of the standard conditions.

Driveway crossover meets conditions

If your proposed driveway crossover meets Council's standard conditions you will be able to start construction once Council has received a completed Driveway crossover - self-assessable notification(PDF, 196KB) form.

The form has a declaration that must be signed by the property owner before Council can accept it.  No fee applies to the lodgement of the notification form.

Driveway crossover does not meet conditions

If your proposed driveway crossover does not meet the standard conditions, you will need to complete a Driveway crossover application (non self-assessable)(PDF, 135KB) and pay the relevant fee.

Driveway crossover construction must not commence until written approval from Council has been received.