Get ready Moreton Bay
Published 01 October 2020
Do you know the potential risk of your home to flooding or bushfire? Do you know how to keep yourself, your family and home safe?
Get Ready Week is the official annual reminder for Queenslanders to prepare for severe weather over summer (12-18 October 2020).
During Get Ready Week, a Resilience Officer from Get Ready Moreton will be visiting Council libraries and you can get advice on preparing your properties and loved ones for the upcoming severe weather season. You’ll also go in the running to win your own family emergency kit. You can learn about:
- the risk of your home to flooding, bushfire and other hazards
- where to access information about weather warnings, road closures, sandbag stations, school closures, Energex emergency outages, evacuation centres and more
- how to prepare yourself, your family and your home.
You may also be interested to learn how Council is working with others to support our community and get Moreton Bay ready.
How you can get ready
You can access a range of information and resources online.
- Find out how to prepare your home, school and business
- Check your flood risk
- Prepare an emergency plan for your family and pets
- Prepare an Emergency Kit with food, water, torch, medication and key contacts
- Sign up to MoretonAlert for free disaster alerts, like severe weather warning, bushfire information, potential flash flooding alerts and more
Find out more at: www.mbrc.qld.gov.au/disaster