Updated: Thursday 15 April 2021
Changes to restrictions in Queensland as from 6:00 AM Thursday 15 April 2021.
The health and wellbeing of our customers and staff is our priority and we are working hard to offer a safe service that meets social distancing and hygiene guidelines by:
- Face masks are strongly encouraged indoors or when physical distancing is not possible.
- One person per two square metres rule applies in indoor spaces - remember to physically distance - keeping 1.5 metres away from others
- Remember to stay home if you're sick and get tested if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly.
- Customers are welcome to use the library collections and spaces for an unlimited timeframe
- Cashless transactions are preferred
- JP services are provided in libraries by the JPs in the Community Program dependent on their availability and capacity.
- Limited computers are available to facilitate physical distancing.
- Library meeting rooms and Local History rooms are available during library opening hours. Kitchen facilities are now available, however, you will need to bring your own utensils and catering supplies, including tea, coffee etc.
- In-Library events are being offered inline with the COVID safe checklist. Programs will continue to be offered online and outdoors (weather permitting).
- As directed in the Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction - contact information (name, phone number, email address, and the date and time period of your visit) of staff and guests entering our library facilities will be recorded. For convenient check in, Council is using the Check in Qld app. To download the app or for more information please visit Check in Qld.
- Loan limits remain increased to 40 items.
More information available in COVID Safe Business Plan(PDF, 201KB).