Updated: Thursday 15 April 2021
Changes to restrictions in Queensland as from 6:00 AM Thursday 15 April 2021.
The health and wellbeing of our customers and staff is our priority and we are working hard to offer a safe service that meets social distancing and hygiene guidelines by:
- Face masks are strongly encouraged indoors or when physical distancing is not possible.
- One person per two square metres rule applies in indoor spaces - remember to physically distance - keeping 1.5 metres away from others
- Remember to stay home if you're sick and get tested if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly.
- Programs will continue to be offered online
- Cashless transactions are preferred
- As directed in the Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction - contact information (name, phone number, email address, and the date and time period of your visit) of staff and guests entering our galleries and museums will be recorded. For convenient check in, Council is using the Check in Qld app. To download the app or for more information please visit Check in Qld.
Note: If galleries and museums have reached maximum capacity, you may be asked to wait until space is free. Galleries and museums may offer alternative activities and walk recommendations during this time.
For more information view our COVID-19 Safe Business Plan(PDF, 120KB)
What resources are available for people unable to visit venues?
Visit What’s online to find hands-on activities, exhibition encounters and more! You can also visit our Newsfeed to access interesting articles, events and stories from our galleries and museums.
How can I contact galleries and museums?
Gallery and museum staff are still available to answer your queries from Monday to Friday. View our locations for venue contact details.
Have you been in a COVID hot spot?
Please remember Queensland residents returning to Queensland from a hot spot must quarantine for 14 days on entering Queensland.
Where can I find out more about COVID-19 and Council's response?
You can view Council's COVID-19 portal which has facility updates, support available to individuals and businesses, the latest news, statistics and resources including translated resources in languages other than English.
Further updates, including important announcements will be issued via Moreton Bay Regional Council Facebook, Instagram and Galleries & Museums NOW newsletter.
For more information on COVID-19 visit the Queensland Health website.