Know your neighbour
About the exhibition
In Know your neighbour artists are asked to think about their connections to neighbours: be they local, national or international.
We ask artists to consider:
- why are neighbours important?
- what does it mean to be a good neighbour?
- what do our relationships with our neighbours look like?
- how have our neighbourhoods (local and global) changed over the past decade?
Expressions of interest closed: 11:59 PM Sunday 8 December 2019.
Read the conditions of entry for further details.
Expressions of interest close: 11:59 PM Sunday 8 December 2019
Notification of submission: Week beginning 16 December 2019
Delivery of works: 11:00 PM - 12:30 PM Monday 3 February 2020
Exhibition: Runs from 7 February - 18 April 2020
Opening event: 2:00 PM Saturday 8 February 2020
Collection of works: 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM Monday 20 April 2020
Public programs: workshops, collaborations and demonstrations
Artists are invited to contact the gallery via email Pinerivers.email@example.com to apply to present workshops, talks or demonstrations to support this exhibition.
Supply details of your proposal along with costings and availabilities.
Works for the exhibition will be selected for their suitability to the exhibition’s theme, original concept, creativity, artistry and skill level.
This exhibition aims to explore the relationships we have with the people we live around.
- Artists who respond directly to the theme of Know your neighbour will be considered favourably.
- Artists working in all mediums are invited to enter their works.
- Artists are eligible to submit up to three works that respond to the theme.
Note: A single work can be composed of multiple pieces but must be read as a whole, this will be classed as one submission. Three separate artworks can be submitted by a single artist.
Examples of works:
- works on paper
- video works
Read the conditions of entry for further details about your submission.
Conditions of entry
- Works for the exhibition will be selected for their original concept, creativity, artistry and skill.
- All applications will be considered however not all pieces will be selected for the exhibition.
- Works will be selected based on how well they respond to the concept of the exhibition.
- All works must be the original work of the artist.
- Artwork is to be accompanied with an artist statement of up to 200 words.
- Artists can submit up to three separate works (a single work can be comprised of multiple elements).
- There is no cost to exhibit.
- Artists will be responsible for delivery and collection of works to and from the venue.
- Insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
- Selection is open to 3D, 2D and video works.
- All 2D works must be either framed or prepared for hanging with the use of D-Rings. D-rings are to be fixed to the back of the frame at exactly 7 centimetres from the top of the frame on either side.
- All works that are not 2D are also to be exhibition ready with full instructions on how to install. Please provide installation instructions in the space provided and upload any diagrams.
- For works larger than 2 metres x 2 metres, please contact the gallery regarding accessibility.
- For video works please add a Dropbox link to the artist statement section of your application
- All submissions must be made using the link provided
Note: Works will not be available for sale whilst on display at Pine Rivers Art Gallery. If artists are looking to sell their works, we recommend leaving a business card which can then be forwarded on to interested parties.
This will only be used to respond to your feedback, if necessary.