NAIDOC Week activities - Heal Country
Healing Country means embracing First Nation’s cultural knowledge and understanding of Country as part of Australia's national heritage. That the culture and values of Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islanders are respected equally to the cultures and values of all Australians.
These school holidays, join us at the Museum as we celebrate NAIDOC Week for 2021!
Celebrate, reflect and learn about the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Solve a puzzle with our NAIDOC themed museum trail
- Watch a short film about First Nations stories and language
- Learn about some of the amazing people born in our state in our Hall of Fame
- Think about what we can do to Heal Country and look after our oceans with the Human Impact Ocean education workshop
- Purchase some native herbs and tea in our museum shop - or learn how to use native ingredients in your cooking with our newly stocked cookbooks
Image credit: 2021 National NAIDOC logo with artwork by Gubbi Gubbi artist Maggie-Jean Douglas.
Saturday, 26 June 2021
- Sunday, 11 July 2021
Bribie Island Seaside Museum, 1 South Esplanade, Bongaree 4507 View map