Bus Stop Upgrade Program
Moreton Bay Regional Council and TransLink are funding and delivering important upgrades to bus stop infrastructure.
The upgrades are being carried out in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Cwlth) to improve the safety and comfort of passengers as well as the efficiency of bus services.
Council is committed to working with the community to minimise any disruption to residents and public transport patrons while these important upgrades are completed. Residents will be advised in advance of any works occurring near their property.
What upgrades are taking place?
Several different upgrades will be taking place at selected bus stops throughout the region. These works may include:
- Installation of tactile ground surface markers for the vision impaired
Typical tactile ground surface markers
- Replacement of mains electricity lighting with solar packs in bus shelters
- Reconstructing existing concrete slabs
Typical concrete slabs
- Installation of concrete slabs as well as bus stop shelters, seating and tactile ground surface markers.
Typical bus shelter
A separate factsheet which answers frequently asked questions [PDF 90KB] is also available.
|Mid to late August 2012
||Affected landowners, residents and businesses notified of Bus Stop Upgrade Program
|October 2012- March 2013
Upgrades to existing bus stop infrastructure
- Replacement of bus shelters including installation of solar lighting packs
- Reconstructing existing bus stop concrete slabs and footpaths, or installation of new concrete slabs where required; all sites include installation of tactile ground surface markers
|Mid December 2012 - Late January 2013
||Installation of a new bus stop consisting of a concrete slab, bus shelter, seating and tactile ground surface markers
These dates are currently scheduled but are subject to change.
For more information, please contact:
Phone: 1300 796 355 (9.00am to 5.00pm) toll free until 30 November 2012. After this date, please contact Council on (07) 3205 0555.