Council welcomes and embraces the different skills, varied views and diverse experiences associated with our culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
This diversity contributes to the innovation, productivity and economic growth of the region and enriches the lives of all residents.
Migrant welcome kits
Migrants choosing to settle in the Moreton Bay region can obtain a copy of the Migrant Welcome Kit.
This kit is a valuable source of information regarding a range of support services including:
Download the migrant welcome kit [PDF 3.2MB] online.
Copies are also available from Council libraries.
Council supports community organisations that foster the activities and endeavours of multicultural groups in the region, see the community directory.
Several local organisations promote harmonious co-existence of diverse cultures by:
- Organising social gatherings & events
- Exchanging cultural information (through formal education & social activities)
- Offering consultancy & networking
- Offering training to support the multicultural community
The Caboolture and Redcliffe Multicultural (CARM) Forum is one mechanism, supported by Council, that aims to support and develop the multicultural sector of the region.
Local Area Multicultural Partnership (LAMP)
Council strongly supports the development of multiculturalism and partners with the State Government to implement the Local Area Multicultural Partnership (LAMP) program.
The LAMP program is a key strategy through which Government seek to fulfil its multicultural policy objectives of ensuring that all Queenslanders, regardless of their cultural, linguistic or religious backgrounds:
- Have equitable access to services & programs for their needs
- Able to fully participate in and benefit from all aspects of life
- Feel a sense of belonging in a cohesive and harmonious community
LAMP program aims to:
- Strengthen multiculturalism in the local government sector
- Promote positive intercultural relations in the local council area
The Local Area Multicultural Partnership program (LAMP) began in the Moreton Bay region in 1999.
View past multicultural projects run over the last 10 years through the LAMP program.
View video presentation
Many Stories: One Region is a short documentary highlighting some of the issues migrants face in the Moreton Bay region.