Local community insurance
All clubs and community groups need insurance to protect against risks associated with:
- Their annual ongoing activities for which they have been established, and / or
- One off single events that may be undertaken from time to time
Local Community Insurance Services
Local Community Insurance Services (LCIS) is a specialist insurance provider established in consultation with Local Government Australia wide to manage insurance needs of clubs, associations and community groups within Australia.
LCIS aims to assist not for profit organisations that meet the following characteristics:
- Provide services to the broader community
- Have a turnover / funding of up to $5 million per annum
- Do not distribute profits to members
- Consist mainly of volunteers
To find out more or to see examples of the type of community groups eligible for cover,
see Local Community Insurance Services website.